Thursday, March 11, 2010

Remember Who and Why

Let Thy sovereignty rule!
Change my heart and make me new!

Light came in to quench the dark
unreasoning lies of sin, and mark of death
so deep beneath my skin
inside my soul the burden pinned me
to the once appointed fate
of hell and deep destruction sank me
into further helplessness,
but You broke through my sinfulness.

Silently the Light of Love
came in and nestled, as a dove
brought peace, and vibrant joy
for all to see
a person claimed and free.

Living Waters wash me forever clean
of recklessness and self esteem
to only then esteem what's first esteemed
by One of sacred birth.

Highest King was first obedient to
ridicule, loss, and finally a murderous cross.

How could I reject this cross
when for me He reached into a wilderness
to teach me songs of deliverance?

In Him forever free indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment