Wednesday, July 7, 2010

surrender






















this morning i woke up from a dream
about church

as we were being dismissed
from the service
with a wave of his arm to the air
the worship leader encouraged us
to sing as we went
we left the church singing a song
i had never heard before
"surrender, surrender, surrender fully to His love"

the song stuck with me
all the way around the first block
of walking my dog, but then
it slipped away just like the dream

yet the words stick with me
and i wonder about them

what does it mean to surrender fully to God's love?

does it mean that i can receive
more of Him if i surrender?

does it mean that my life
will be more like His if i surrender?

does it mean that i can find rest
if i surrender fully to His love?

and what am i surrendering?

gladly i will surrender
all that comes between
His love and my heart

i want to surrender fully to His love

No comments:

Post a Comment