Tuesday, August 24, 2010

the Contender






















the Contender of my faith stands over me
He guards my heart
He knows where the enemy is
He knows my cry
He's heard it often enough

i've wrestled with fear and am tired
i don't like the tangled vines of worry
around my faith
i want to walk free of them
please help me, LORD
say to my soul,
"I am your salvation"
and may my soul say back
"You are my salvation, and that is all i need"

a thousand suns have come and gone
days and days of Your creation
blaze the skies
tickle the earth
quench my thirst for beauty
overwhelm me with Your power

an enemy rages and wages war
small and weak am i against this enemy
You are all i need to trust
You send Your people
You send Your power
You love me with Your presence

my soul can now say,
"You are my salvation, and You are all i need"




"Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me;
Fight against those who fight against me.
Take hold of buckler and shield,
And rise up for my help.
Draw also the spear and the battle-axe
to meet those who pursue me;
Say to my soul, 'I am your salvation.'" -Psalm 35:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment